Montreal Hosts World Championship Road Race

 


   Greetings from Tibbs.   I wore the jersey of the MBC this afternoon at the UCI World Championships Road Race.  An exciting event.  I started off at the corner of Côte de Neiges and Souvenir.   There is a tough right hand turn onto CdesN at speed.


    For the next pass of the leaders and peloton I cycled along to chemin Polytechnique, a climb that continuously gets steeper.  The crowd along this stretch was loud and wild, very festive.  They seemed to inspire the racers as they flew up the hill, quite impressive.



    I was able to get a shot of the eventual winner being chased by another rider at the corner of Gatineau and Marecha, the location of a fire station, an extremely quick 90 degree turn.


 




    My most dramatic posting was up on a couple of large concrete construction blocks at the bottom of the long ramp below the main pavilion of UdeM.   Frightening to watch the chase group descend at a devilish speed that incline.  No margin of error at the bottom in terms of speed or line.




    My final video was taken at the right hand turn coming down Vincent d'Indy onto Côte Ste Catherine.   The leader absolutely flying like a bat out of hell.







    I ended my afternoon at the races by walking up Paguelo street with my Bottecchia.   Absolute bedlam.  There were no barriers, so the crowd was five deep on both sides leaving only a chasm in between their bodies for the cyclists.   Just like the Tour de France.  There was music, sofas and chairs brought out onto the lawns, BBQs , one Big Party, the Place to Be. 


  


Comments