Photos enroute to Nun's Island

A solo A.T. Lane rode over to Nun's Island, returning via Old Montreal and took some photos along the way.

New bicycle roundabout near Lachine  canal.

I walked my bike down Wellington street in Vedun, pedestrianized due to Covid,  thinking of how it could be improved.


 Passing the Verdun's former Queens Park Velodrome, I took some pictures that might be used in a composite historical photo.




Reaching Nun's Island I went along the shoreline bike path along the river.







Then finding a good place to stop for lunch.




Spotting a Shark Sailboat moored close to the shore.


It started raining so I stopped under the Old Champlain Bridge, its primary function now to keep cyclists and rollerbladers dry.





As soon as the rain was over...I headed out....



Past the newly built connector to the new Champlain Bridge.


Past the useless fence across the path.


Then some scenes along the short return route across Nun's Island.



Headed towards Old Montreal I look at some REM track construction.



I rode part way down Bonaventure path that someday will connect to Old Montreal.



But then back to Wellington Street, that has a functional path. (sort of)

Past Parc Marguerite Bourgeoys, which has a war memorial with a very small flame.


Liverpool Street off of Wellington has an inviting looking bike path.


That has a mural gem at the end!!!


Back on Wellington, I see the new shared reserved bus / bike lane.  Someday we might see that on Sherbrooke Street.


The street cycling conditions decline quickly after that.



More REM construction, elevated tracks to so as not to interfere with cars. 

 
The REM was chosen rather than a streetcar on this street.


Back to the Bonaventure expressway, which encloses a statue and park inside the expressway.



Finally in Old Montreal I stopped to take this photo picture of the former Canadian Parliament buildings.  A car sped closely by with someone yelling "You don't own the road".


  Catching up a few blocks later I took a picture of "Someone else who does not own the road".


Finally finished off the ride trying a few other Lacrosse Grounds Background shots.



Comments