5 December Falaise Bird Feeders Fillup and Garbage Pickup

 I loaded up the Sociable with a large bag of bird seed and camera equipment and went off to the Falaise to have some fun.  

Entering at the Eastern gate of the Bande Verte I noticed that the city has put up a large concrete barrier with a no walking or cycling sign on it.  I have no idea why that sign should have been added.

(Photo by H.S. Tibbs 4 Dec 2022)

After passing this barrier, I noticed a large flock of small birds in the trees between the Bande Verte trail and the Falaise.  Not sure as to what they were I manged to get a few photos which identified them as American Goldfinches.  I guessed the flock size as about 100.


In addition to the birds I noticed about 6 tires in the Eastern Gully as well.  I managed to roll one up the hillside to the Bande Verte where it has a better chance of being removed.


In an earlier email from H.S. Tibbs, I learned that the mystery tent in the Western Bande Verte had been rolled up and placed near some benches.  I loaded it on to the Sociable and took it up to the Rose Bowl Dumpster.



I then filled the bird feeders and picked up some small trash near the cement crow block on the Eastern Path.  There is quite a bit of trash in that area plus a few new tires.  That area is a good candidate for a organized clean up day.




In all I spotted 9 different bird species and recorded that on eBird.



Comments

  1. The Falaise has its mysteries …..no cycling/no walking sign? More tires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the no cycling/no walking sign means no plowing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment