April Fool

 

I read about the April Fools training ride and I was inspired to do the same. I set out for Salt Spring Island as visions of last year's MBC BC tour riders danced in my head. I did something very un-MBC and stopped at a hardware store and a plumbing store before I set my sights for lunch in Sidney (BC). I chose a highway shoulder and Lochside Trail combination route and my progress was good, despite a cold 4C headwind. I picked up lunch to-go and made the short ride to Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal.

The ferry was on time and I warmed up in one of its lounges. 


My ferry arrived in Fulford Harbour and I faced what Dorothy Coles called the f*#%ing hills of Salt Spring Island. I arrived at my cabin, started a fire in the wood stove, washed up and then cycling into Ganges village for ....... a Cycling Salt Spring meeting. Our mission is to improve cycling infrastructure. We can't move the hills but we can get wider highway shoulders for cyclists. 

Jean will be driving here tomorrow and we'll stay for Easter weekend. 

I had a good trading ride. But no coffee stops!

Birdie Munger

Comments