Costa Rica Cycling Adventure

 

Hi MBC cyclists, You all wished me well on my cycling adventure in Costa Rica so I thought I would share my adventure with a few pics. It was a first for me on a mountain bike and those fat tires were really needed on the terrain we covered! There was a lot of banter about the line in the ride description that cycling would be on "well-maintained travel roads..." - judge for yourself! Preparing for the trip in hilly Costa Rica, I thought the uphill part would be the main challenge, but rather it was getting across muddy stretches and down steep stretches of rutted roads -- no pictures of those parts as I was hanging on too hard... Fortunately we had good coaching from the local team and I have returned in one piece with new biking skills. And Costa Rica is a lovely place to visit -- very friendly people, beautiful coastline and great swimming, very green and lush with abundant birds and wildlife, delicious seafood, and yes - good coffee! There is considerable pride in the country and particularly its progress on environmental protection. I am sure you would like it too, cycling or otherwise!

Wishing you all a festive holiday and good fun and good health in 2023! Johanna

 








 

Comments