Taking it to the limit...of your bladder

Trying to get in a bike ride in this lockdown era is an exercise! in going to the limits of what your bladder can hold. My route took me to the north end of the island where I had hoped to be able to find a secluded bush or tree but any green space on any nice day has become a precious commodity and an attraction to all who venture out of their homes.

I headed north on my velorue street of St. Andre, once again trying to stick to one way streets with bike lanes to avoid oncoming cyclists. The city has put up an interesting new sign telling cyclists to cycle two abreast here. Motorists will love that!

Mont-Royal street has made some alterations for pedestrians to encourage social distancing, with more or less success.
Carrying on up through Mile End by the railway tracks, there are signs that the hipster philosophy is alive and well and at odds with the new normal.
There were a few cyclists around but it was easy enough to maintain a reasonable distance until I got to boulevard Gouin and the bike path to head west. For the most part, people seemed to be moving about like it was a normal spring day. They should have followed the example of our feathered friends.
Some people found a sport to play that ensured social distancing but they had to get a bit creative in netting the infrastructure.
Finally, I got to O'Brien and turned the corner to start making my way home. I passed an unusual building that turned out to be the Arabic Presbyterian Church of Montreal.
Vanier College had a large poster promoting its 50th year gala for September 2020. We'll see...
Back south of the 40, I rode through TMR where there were definite signs of spring and spring road works.

I managed to make it home after 32 kilometres just in time to avoid any accidents. I think that was definitely the limit of my bladder on this sunny, but cool, spring day.

G.T. Bishop

Comments